Crews tackle Workington roof fire
Published at 09:05, Sunday, 02 March 2014
A man was treated at the scene for the effects of smoke inhalation following a fire in Workington on Saturday night.
Firefighters say it started in the roof void above a single-storey kitchen extension at the rear of a terraced house in Moss Bay Road.
They believe it was caused by an electrical fault.
A young couple in the property raised the alarm.
The man suffered smoke inhalation while rescuing rabbits from a hutch.
Fire crews from Workington and Whitehaven were called at 11.35pm and were at the scene for an hour and a half.
They were able to confine the fire to the roof void and used a thermal-imaging camera to check for hot spots.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Italian chain planning Carlisle city centre restaurant (7 comments)
- West Cumbrian police station will not be casualty of cuts, MP told (3 comments)
- Council tax to rise as Carlisle tries to cope with cuts (35 comments)
- Petition demands Carlisle council action over dog mess and litter (19 comments)
- Primark to open store in Carlisle (111 comments)
- Fire stations and care homes at risk in Cumbria council cuts (47 comments)
- Cumbria police may be reduced to 'blue light' service if funding cuts go-ahead (63 comments)
- Lawyers told to find way out of Carlisle hospital's 'crippling' PFI contract (50 comments)
Court & crime
- No room for hate in a broken heart
- We shouldn’t lose sight of the kindness and compassion (8 comments)
- Primed not to care (2 comments)
- Not just cutout cops who face the chop (5 comments)
- More Anne Pickles
|NEWS & STAR ON:|