Crews tackle Workington roof fire
Published at 09:05, Sunday, 02 March 2014
A man was treated at the scene for the effects of smoke inhalation following a fire in Workington on Saturday night.
Firefighters say it started in the roof void above a single-storey kitchen extension at the rear of a terraced house in Moss Bay Road.
They believe it was caused by an electrical fault.
A young couple in the property raised the alarm.
The man suffered smoke inhalation while rescuing rabbits from a hutch.
Fire crews from Workington and Whitehaven were called at 11.35pm and were at the scene for an hour and a half.
They were able to confine the fire to the roof void and used a thermal-imaging camera to check for hot spots.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (19 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (16 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (6 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (8 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (10 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (15 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (46 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (44 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (12 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)