Collabro to headline Carlisle Christmas lights switch-on
Published at 19:00, Thursday, 24 July 2014
Talent show champions Collabro – featuring Carlisle’s Matthew Pagan – will headline this year’s city Christmas lights switch-on.
The Britain’s Got Talent winners will be joined on the bill by 1990s boy band A1, stars of ITV’s The Big Reunion.
And Pagan said: “I’m really excited to be coming back to Carlisle as part of the Christmas lights switch-on. It’s been such an amazing year for us and I want to be able to share that with everyone back home.
“Everyone in Collabro is looking forward to headlining the show. We want as many people as possible to come down to watch us perform and help us celebrate the start of the Christmas countdown.”
The switch-on takes place in the city centre on Sunday, November 16. Also on the bill will be a number of local performers.
Collabro had already announced plans to kick off their first UK tour in Carlisle next January with two concerts at The Sands Centre, where they’ll perform two concerts.
Carlisle City Council leader Colin Glover said: “We’re delighted that Collabro will be our headline act and that we’ll be welcoming Matthew Pagan back to his home city for a special performance.
“The five-piece band were a singing sensation on Britain’s Got Talent and I’m sure that people will come from far and wide to see them perform. The countdown starts now for Carlisle’s Christmas Lights Switch On, it’s going to be a cracker!”
Taking place outside the Old Town Hall, it promises a fun-packed family programme throughout the afternoon. The actual switch will be flicked by the Mayor of Carlisle, Steven Bowditch, at 5pm – triggering a galaxy of Christmas lights across the city centre.
The switch-on is part of the city’s Countdown to Christmas programme of events.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Cumbrian MP: We need second jobs (40 comments)
- Cumbrian brothers plan to swim the River Eden (3 comments)
- Carlisle on course to set bizarre club record (2 comments)
- Carlisle barber retiring after 54 years (9 comments)
- Housebuilder reveals plans for hundreds of new homes (39 comments)
- Carlisle shopping centre on sale for £1.5m (30 comments)
- Carlisle's Civic Centre to stop taking cash payments (14 comments)
- Staff moved so Cumbrian council can rent out office (5 comments)
- Premier Inn gets go-ahead for town centre hotel (14 comments)
- Carlisle Cathedral revamp plans slammed (39 comments)
- Why is Cumbrian coastguard HQ being moved inland? (21 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|