Carlisle woman jailed for unprovoked attack
Published at 11:16, Tuesday, 19 February 2013
A Carlisle woman has been sent to prison for 26 weeks.
Sarah Louise Richardson, 21, of Linden Terrace, denied a charge, jointly with another of assaulting a woman but was found guilty after a trial at North Cumbria magistrates court.
Magistrates jailed her after hearing of her previous record, the serious injury involved and the fact that the attack was unprovoked.
She was also ordered to pay £150 compensation.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Carlisle Utd in further talks with "billionaire"
- Lake District's World Heritage status bid moves forward (5 comments)
- Thousands backing campaign to make Cumbria Scottish (133 comments)
- St Bees School set to reopen next year (45 comments)
- Two new housing schemes tabled for Carlisle (17 comments)
- Stagecoach making changes to bus routes across Carlisle (34 comments)
- Cumbria's children's service still failing (42 comments)
- Conservative Stevenson retains Carlisle (104 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|