Carlisle woman in court after biting husband
Last updated at 12:20, Wednesday, 27 February 2013
A woman who assaulted her husband by biting him has been given a 12-month community order.
Mandy Anne Pattinson, 44, of, Edward Street, admitted assaulting David Pattinson on January 1.
Pattinson, a mum-of-three, appeared at Carlisle Magistrates’ Court.
Prosecutor Pam Ward said: “The couple do argue about trivial matters but Mrs Pattinson does not care if the children are there when she is verbally abusive to her husband.
“Over Christmas she bit him on the arm. On January 6 she denied that she had hidden some cans from her husband and said she was going out to have a relationship with someone else and get someone better than him. She later returned the cans and attacked her husband by biting him on the thumb.
“When police arrived they found she had a scratch on the left side of her face which was bleeding.”
The court was told that Pattinson has now found a home after initially being made homeless.
Judge Gerald Chalk told Pattinson that biting was a serious matter.
He imposed a 12-month community order with a supervision requirement and a curfew order which means Pattinson will be tagged between 8pm and 6am.
She was also ordered to pay court costs of £85.
First published at 11:39, Wednesday, 27 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Widow's anguish as thieves target Pc Bill Barker's grave (5 comments)
- Farmfoods given consent for supermarket at Carlisle's Shaddongate (25 comments)
- West House loses cafe contract at hospital (17 comments)
- Council hands out £3,000 in parking fines in one street in four months (39 comments)
- Carlisle residents too scared to walk down road without footpath (20 comments)
- Cumbria Pride crisis as Carlisle LGBT centre to close (53 comments)
- Reays brings back City Hopper service; pledges more room for buggies (33 comments)
- Call for action after crash at accident 'blackspot' near Carlisle (29 comments)
Court & crime
- Teenage motorist caught in Carlisle nearly three times drink-drive limit
- Carlisle driver so drunk he didn’t recall getting into car
- Carlisle man's £279 bill after damaging £29 pillow in police cell
- Carlisle arsonist told to expect jail for endangering her parents lives
- Party man left fighting for life after being stabbed in stomach
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Chef who hanged himself faced trial for four child sex charges
- Late show fells Millom
- Dalton zoo boss brings seasonal cheer with free admission
- BOMB TEAM CALLED TO SEASCALE BEACH
- Names found for the classmates of 1952
- Holker rock Blackpool
- Dowdales school
- Dalton zoo gets go-ahead to change entrance at its new car park (17 comments)
- Help your pet to enjoy summer
- Fire boss grilled over future of Dalton fire station