Carlisle United supporters praised after rival's fan banned
Last updated at 12:57, Wednesday, 16 January 2013
A man who ran onto the pitch during an MK Dons game against Carlisle last year has received a three-year banning order.
Yousef Ayub, 23, of Angus Drive, Bletchley, pleaded guilty to one count under section four of the Football Offences Act. He was also fined £85.
Ayub went onto the pitch on September 1, ran towards the Carlisle supporters, making offensive gestures towards them and exposed his backside.
He was detained by club stewards and subsequently arrested and charged.
PC James O’Brien said: “Thames Valley Police, working with MK Dons, bought this prosecution to show that supporters visiting stadiumMK that this type of behaviour will not be tolerated.
"The majority of the time the stadium is a safe and friendly environment and when individuals act in this manner they will be dealt with robustly.
“The restraint shown by the Carlisle United supporters at the time was greatly appreciated as it allowed stewards and police to concentrate fully on dealing with the offender.”
First published at 11:39, Wednesday, 16 January 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (21 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (43 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (39 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (138 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Cumbria police crackdown on drivers using mobile phones (6 comments)
- Ex-Lookaround newsreader begins life as woman she always wanted to be (16 comments)
- Reays brings back City Hopper service; pledges more room for buggies (34 comments)
- Parents will be fined if caught smoking in cars carrying children (21 comments)
- Tweet made Austin look a proper Charlie (1 comment)