Carlisle United supporters praised after rival's fan banned
Last updated at 12:57, Wednesday, 16 January 2013
A man who ran onto the pitch during an MK Dons game against Carlisle last year has received a three-year banning order.
Yousef Ayub, 23, of Angus Drive, Bletchley, pleaded guilty to one count under section four of the Football Offences Act. He was also fined £85.
Ayub went onto the pitch on September 1, ran towards the Carlisle supporters, making offensive gestures towards them and exposed his backside.
He was detained by club stewards and subsequently arrested and charged.
PC James O’Brien said: “Thames Valley Police, working with MK Dons, bought this prosecution to show that supporters visiting stadiumMK that this type of behaviour will not be tolerated.
"The majority of the time the stadium is a safe and friendly environment and when individuals act in this manner they will be dealt with robustly.
“The restraint shown by the Carlisle United supporters at the time was greatly appreciated as it allowed stewards and police to concentrate fully on dealing with the offender.”
First published at 11:39, Wednesday, 16 January 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Carlisle man can recall days of the week back to 1801 (1 comment)
- Man who scrapped Cumbrian on-street parking charges to quit (13 comments)
- £2m Carlisle football complex given the go-ahead (18 comments)
- Carlisle woman voted third most influential black person (6 comments)
- Special report: Fifth anniversary of Cumbrian floods (3 comments)
- Cumbrian couple charged £100 for bad TripAdvisor review (37 comments)
- Cumbrian firms blast lack of profitability from winter festival (5 comments)
- On-street parking charges for Cumbria scrapped (82 comments)
- Objections raised over plans for 190 homes in Carlisle (5 comments)
- Stagecoach offers half-price deals on weekly bus tickets (17 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northerners (19 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (3 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (3 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|