Carlisle teen damaged door of charity he wanted help from
Published at 14:41, Monday, 11 August 2014
A troubled Carlisle teenager has admitted damaging a door during a disturbance at the offices of a charity to which he had gone for help.
Luke Clark, 18, of Orfeur Street, Carlisle, pleaded guilty at the city’s Crown Court to charges of affray and criminal damage.
It followed a disturbance at the Warwick Road building of United Response, a charity that provides a range of services for people with learning difficulties, mental health needs or physical disabilities.
Clark, who is now being cared for at a psychiatric hospital in Morpeth, Northumberland, appeared in the dock flanked by two nurses.
His barrister Keith Thomas said he had “severe learning difficulties”.
Clark was remanded on bail for background reports.
He will be sentenced on September 11.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (38 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (29 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (7 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (13 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (13 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (16 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (48 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (46 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (13 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- 'Boy racer’ doing 80mph before fatal crash, Carlisle court told
- HGV and driving instructor's car collide on busy Carlisle road
- Woman, 70, hurt as Stagecoach bus crashes into cars and building
- Four arrests after early morning Cumbria police raids
- Arrest warrant issued for market's Dutch cheese seller
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (57 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)