Carlisle police appeal after knifepoint robbery
Last updated at 14:39, Tuesday, 07 January 2014
Police are hunting a balaclava-clad man who carried out a knifepoint robbery at a house in Carlisle.
He threatened the two occupants with the knife before stealing a laptop and smartphone.
A 17-year-old youth and a 22-year-old man in the house at the time were not hurt.
The robber entered what police say was an insecure house on Ashley Street at about 6.45pm on December 23. Details of the incident have just been released.
He is described as white, 5ft 10in tall and stocky.
He was wearing a black and blue Berghaus jacket, black balaclava and dark tracksuit bottoms.
It is not known if he left on foot or in a car.
DC Vicky Hughes urged anyone who recognises the man from his description or who saw anything suspicious at the time to contact her.
"This was obviously a distressing incident for the victims and we are keen to find the man responsible and bring him to justice.
“The use of weapons in burglaries is thankfully very rare in Cumbria but when it happens it is something we take very seriously," she added.
Anyone with information should call police on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
DC Hughes reminded people to lock doors and windows to stop people sneaking into properties.
First published at 14:07, Tuesday, 07 January 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Double blow as historic Carlisle pub and club close (8 comments)
- Cheapest fuel prices in Cumbria revealed (5 comments)
- Carlisle bouncers could get body-mounted cameras (10 comments)
- United Utilities outlines reasons for seven-mile Lake District fence (4 comments)
- NMP to be stripped of Sellafield contract - claims (23 comments)
- Carlisle Utd co-owner: fans threatened me with violence (11 comments)
- Tesco drops plans to build new superstore in Carlisle (37 comments)
- Crime less than fifth of all calls to Cumbria police (1 comment)
- New Ofsted report heaps more praise on Cumbrian school (13 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Fans petition Carlisle Utd owners to sell club (109 comments)
- Dog fouling crackdown gets under way in Carlisle (72 comments)
- Grieving man’s call to ban dogs from Carlisle Cemetery (47 comments)
- MD Nixon: Last week was my blackest time at Carlisle Utd (45 comments)
- Labour’s all-female shortlist for Workington is boost for women - claim (42 comments)