Carlisle police appeal after knifepoint robbery
Last updated at 14:39, Tuesday, 07 January 2014
Police are hunting a balaclava-clad man who carried out a knifepoint robbery at a house in Carlisle.
He threatened the two occupants with the knife before stealing a laptop and smartphone.
A 17-year-old youth and a 22-year-old man in the house at the time were not hurt.
The robber entered what police say was an insecure house on Ashley Street at about 6.45pm on December 23. Details of the incident have just been released.
He is described as white, 5ft 10in tall and stocky.
He was wearing a black and blue Berghaus jacket, black balaclava and dark tracksuit bottoms.
It is not known if he left on foot or in a car.
DC Vicky Hughes urged anyone who recognises the man from his description or who saw anything suspicious at the time to contact her.
"This was obviously a distressing incident for the victims and we are keen to find the man responsible and bring him to justice.
“The use of weapons in burglaries is thankfully very rare in Cumbria but when it happens it is something we take very seriously," she added.
Anyone with information should call police on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
DC Hughes reminded people to lock doors and windows to stop people sneaking into properties.
First published at 14:07, Tuesday, 07 January 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Italian chain planning Carlisle city centre restaurant (7 comments)
- West Cumbrian police station will not be casualty of cuts, MP told (3 comments)
- Council tax to rise as Carlisle tries to cope with cuts (35 comments)
- Petition demands Carlisle council action over dog mess and litter (19 comments)
- Primark to open store in Carlisle (111 comments)
- Fire stations and care homes at risk in Cumbria council cuts (47 comments)
- Cumbria police may be reduced to 'blue light' service if funding cuts go-ahead (63 comments)
- Lawyers told to find way out of Carlisle hospital's 'crippling' PFI contract (50 comments)
Court & crime
- No room for hate in a broken heart
- We shouldn’t lose sight of the kindness and compassion (8 comments)
- Primed not to care (2 comments)
- Not just cutout cops who face the chop (5 comments)
- More Anne Pickles
|NEWS & STAR ON:|