Carlisle musicians in TV shot at stardom
Last updated at 09:47, Saturday, 09 June 2012
THE chance of playing with some of the biggest names in music has forced a band to pull out of performing in Carlisle today.
Members of city-based Birds vs Planes had been due to feature as part of the Carlisle Music City (CMC) line-up, but instead the group is jetting off to Milan for a shot at stardom.
And while the musicians are disappointed to have to duck out of supporting a cause that is close to their hearts, they say they are confident that CMC has boosted Carlisle’s entertainment’s scene.
Drummer Adam Lewis said: “We’re going to Milan to take part in a TV studio performance to hopefully land a slot on the main stage at the Heineken Rocks Festival in Milan next month.” Prodigy, Noel Gallagher and the Red Hot Chilli Peppers are among the festival’s line-up.
Adam added: “We’re playing three tracks which will be recorded and then broadcast on TV later this month. We’re in the final six bands represented by European independent labels that are in with a shot of winning the slot.
“We’re optimistic, but also really chuffed at the chance to go and perform abroad again, after playing in Rome earlier this year.
“We are gutted to be missing out on our involvement with CMC, but judging by the success this week, it’s all been going really well, and we’re sure that it will lead to more events and continue to grow and flourish the local arts scene.
“The opportunity to go back to Italy and perform at an event like this is unmissable and we can only compare it to performing at the Radio 1 Big Weekend last year – the kind of thing we never imagined doing when we started back in 2006.”
First published at 08:55, Saturday, 09 June 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Carlisle Utd in further talks with "billionaire"
- Lake District's World Heritage status bid moves forward (5 comments)
- Thousands backing campaign to make Cumbria Scottish (133 comments)
- St Bees School set to reopen next year (45 comments)
- Two new housing schemes tabled for Carlisle (17 comments)
- Stagecoach making changes to bus routes across Carlisle (34 comments)
- Cumbria's children's service still failing (42 comments)
- Conservative Stevenson retains Carlisle (104 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|