Carlisle man sentenced for his part in street fight
Last updated at 13:46, Thursday, 29 November 2012
Three men who were involved in a street fracas in which two men were assaulted have been sentenced in court.
Lindsay Dalgliesh, 24, of Blake Terrace, Dornock, Annan, was ordered to carry out 100 hours unpaid work; Jason Farmer, 23, of Gilsland Road, Durranhill, Carlisle, was placed under supervision for 12 months and ordered to carry out 280 hours unpaid work and 30-year-old David Mossop, of Eastfield Road, Dumfries, was also placed under supervision and ordered to perform 160 hours unpaid work.
Sheriff George Jamieson at Dumfries had watched CCTV footage and said it was serious conduct by all three. Dalgliesh and Mossop, admitted behaving in a threatening or abusive manner in Shakespeare Street in Dumfries in February by approaching others challenging them to fight.
Mossop and Farmer admitted assaulting Stuart Rutherford – Farmer kicking him twice on the body and Mossop punching him on the face and kicking him on the body. Farmer also admitted punching Steven Wallace on the face to his severe injury and permanent disfigurement.
Wallace suffered a fractured jaw while Rutherford suffered concussion.
First published at 13:44, Thursday, 29 November 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Historic Carlisle pub closing for major revamp (3 comments)
- Cumbria council's new HQ: How it could look (42 comments)
- Senior Cumbrian councillor’s warning over Rotherham abuse scandal (14 comments)
- Police ask for takeaway 'bouncers' to help curb late night disorder (16 comments)
- Three Cumbrian areas named in top 10 best places to live in England (30 comments)
- Derelict former hotel in Carlisle has no owner (43 comments)
- Carlisle council gives go-ahead to city airport overhaul (124 comments)
- Lovell gets go-ahead to build 217 new homes in west Cumbria (14 comments)
- Cumbrian man tells why he has right to be forgotten on Google (16 comments)
- 64 jobs at risk as factory bosses warn of possible closure (15 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (10 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (1 comment)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|