Carlisle man kicked family dog and assaulted partner
Last updated at 13:57, Tuesday, 15 May 2012
A man has appeared in court for attacking his partner.
George Gibson, 58, of Cumwhinton Road, in Harraby, Carlisle admitted assaulting Lesley Duncan, his partner of two years.
Pam Ward, prosecuting, told Carlisle magistrates how the couple, who were at the time living together in Irthington, went out with Ms Duncan’s son to the Howard Arms in Brampton on the evening of April 20.
Ms Duncan then dropped off Gibson at the Salutation in Irthington.
She later returned to pick him up and took him home where he was “agitated and drunk”.
An argument broke out during which Gibson kicked the family dog and threatened to kill Ms Duncan’s son
He slapped her across the face and punched her.
Gibson represented himself in court and said he would like to apologise to his partner and was “very remorseful”.
He told the court he was drunk and couldn’t remember all the facts.
Gibson is living temporarily at the address in Cumwhinton Road.
He was bailed until June 7 for reports.
First published at 13:38, Tuesday, 15 May 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (19 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (16 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (6 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (8 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (10 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (15 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (46 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (44 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (12 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)