Carlisle man in court after victim seriously injured
Last updated at 12:19, Tuesday, 28 February 2012
A man from Carlisle has appeared in court accused of attacking another man.
John Farmer, 23, of Gilsland Road, was in court in Dumfries following incidents in Shakespeare Street and Brooms Road on February 19 when he allegedly assaulted the man causing him severe injuries.
In addition, Farmer is accused of acting in an aggressive and intimidating manner and challenging others to fight.
He is also charged with behaving in a threatening or abusive manner and shouting and swearing at officers at the Loreburn Street police station in Dumfries.
Lindsay Dalgliesh, 23, of Blake Terrace, Dornock, near Annan, also appeared in private accused with Farmer of acting in an aggressive manner and challenging others to fight.
No pleas were made and the case was continued.
First published at 11:29, Tuesday, 28 February 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Parking shake-up in historic area of Carlisle (10 comments)
- Speed limit lowered on Carlisle bypass 'rat runs' (35 comments)
- Lee Evans to perform gig in Cumbria (37 comments)
- Warning road closure could kill off trade in Cumbrian town (11 comments)
- Cumbria's 40,000 potholes will cost millions to repair (33 comments)
- Ex-Carlisle mayor boycotts Civic Centre 'party' in play park protest (22 comments)
- Northern Lights above Cumbria (7 comments)
- Equipment being ripped out of Carlisle play areas (52 comments)
- Main Carlisle road to close for work on new housing estate (43 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|