Monday, 31 August 2015

Subscriptions  |  evouchers  |  Jobs  |  Property  |  Motors  |  Travel  |  Dating  |  Family Notices

Carlisle man cleared of sex abuse charges

A man has been cleared of indecent assault and indecency with a child.

Related: Cumbrian man on sex abuse charges made threats, court told

A jury unanimously found Richard Key, 47, not guilty of all the charges he faced following a trial at Carlisle Crown Court.

Mr Key, of Diggle Road, Longsowerby, Carlisle, had to wait to discover his fate after the jury were sent out to consider their verdicts late yesterday morning.

But they returned not guilty verdicts following deliberations.

Mr Key had been alleged to have carried out a four-year catalogue of abuse against a girl. It had been alleged to have begun when she was seven.

He was arrested last year after she went to police. She is now an adult.

Mr Key had vehemently denied all the allegations she made against him.

The court was told that after his arrest he said there was no truth in what she had said.

Mr Key was found not guilty of four charges of indecency with a child and four counts of indecent assault.

SHARE THIS ARTICLE

News & Star What's On search





Vote

Have we reached saturation point with bars in the city?

No - the more the merrier. It helps to have choice

Yes - we could do with more specialist shops, not bars

As long as they are not all the same I don't mind how many there are

Show Result

Hot jobs
Scan for our iPhone and Android apps
Search for:
NEWS & STAR ON: