Carlisle man charged with robbing woman on street
Published at 13:46, Tuesday, 29 July 2014
A man has appeared at Carlisle magistrates' court accused of snatching a purse from the hands of a woman as she walked along the street.
Anthony Rennie Sheckley, 45, of Henderson Road, Currock, Carlisle, is alleged to have committed the crime in the city centre on Saturday.
He entered no plea to a charge of robbery or to a second allegation from the same day that he was in possession of an offensive weapon.
Sheckley was remanded in custody until August 11.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Italian chain planning Carlisle city centre restaurant (7 comments)
- West Cumbrian police station will not be casualty of cuts, MP told (3 comments)
- Council tax to rise as Carlisle tries to cope with cuts (35 comments)
- Petition demands Carlisle council action over dog mess and litter (19 comments)
- Primark to open store in Carlisle (111 comments)
- Fire stations and care homes at risk in Cumbria council cuts (47 comments)
- Cumbria police may be reduced to 'blue light' service if funding cuts go-ahead (63 comments)
- Lawyers told to find way out of Carlisle hospital's 'crippling' PFI contract (50 comments)
Court & crime
- No room for hate in a broken heart
- We shouldn’t lose sight of the kindness and compassion (8 comments)
- Primed not to care (2 comments)
- Not just cutout cops who face the chop (5 comments)
- More Anne Pickles
|NEWS & STAR ON:|