Carlisle man bombarded ex-partner with texts, court told
Last updated at 12:29, Wednesday, 25 April 2012
A father has admitted bombarding his ex-partner with phone calls and sitting outside her work.
Stephen Lee Wilde, 28, of Coney Street, Carlisle, had been with Kelly Shaw for 12 years before their relationship broke up in January this year.
Carlisle Magistrates’ Court heard how Wilde took the break-up badly.
Between February 9 and February 20, Miss Shaw received phone calls both on her mobile and at work from Wilde.
In some he was insulting, in others he didn’t speak.
He also accessed her online mobile phone – changing the password to lock her out – and began sending numerous “threatening” text messages to Robert Strong, Miss Shaw’s partner.
The court heard that Mr Strong did not take the threats seriously, and deleted the messages.
Magistrates adjourned the case for pre-sentence reports.
Wilde admitted harassment and was bailed prior to being sentenced at the magistrates’ court on May 14.
First published at 11:27, Wednesday, 25 April 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- The rise and fall of Carlisle's Celtic Nation (2 comments)
- Historic Carlisle house could be demolished (44 comments)
- Plans for 100 homes in Cumbrian town set to be approved (10 comments)
- Carlisle mobile phone problems are priority, says Vodafone (32 comments)
- Six issues to fix Cumbria's healthcare revealed (10 comments)
- Thousands of starfish stranded on Cumbrian beach (11 comments)
- Takeaway boss blames council building site in Carlisle for lack of trade (24 comments)
- Row over Tory MP hopeful's election banner in Carlisle (64 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Carlisle girl banned from lessons until she changes hair colour (204 comments)
- Last-day Carlisle Utd match alert over Bob Marley theme fans (64 comments)
- Carlisle billboard blunder 'funny' claims Labour candidate (68 comments)
- Carlisle city centre bandstand set to be replaced (34 comments)
- Park and ride plan to ease parking problems at Carlisle hospital (25 comments)