Carlisle man bombarded ex-partner with texts, court told
Last updated at 12:29, Wednesday, 25 April 2012
A father has admitted bombarding his ex-partner with phone calls and sitting outside her work.
Stephen Lee Wilde, 28, of Coney Street, Carlisle, had been with Kelly Shaw for 12 years before their relationship broke up in January this year.
Carlisle Magistrates’ Court heard how Wilde took the break-up badly.
Between February 9 and February 20, Miss Shaw received phone calls both on her mobile and at work from Wilde.
In some he was insulting, in others he didn’t speak.
He also accessed her online mobile phone – changing the password to lock her out – and began sending numerous “threatening” text messages to Robert Strong, Miss Shaw’s partner.
The court heard that Mr Strong did not take the threats seriously, and deleted the messages.
Magistrates adjourned the case for pre-sentence reports.
Wilde admitted harassment and was bailed prior to being sentenced at the magistrates’ court on May 14.
First published at 11:27, Wednesday, 25 April 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Historic Carlisle pub closing for major revamp (3 comments)
- Cumbria council's new HQ: How it could look (42 comments)
- Senior Cumbrian councillor’s warning over Rotherham abuse scandal (14 comments)
- Police ask for takeaway 'bouncers' to help curb late night disorder (16 comments)
- Three Cumbrian areas named in top 10 best places to live in England (30 comments)
- Derelict former hotel in Carlisle has no owner (43 comments)
- Carlisle council gives go-ahead to city airport overhaul (124 comments)
- Lovell gets go-ahead to build 217 new homes in west Cumbria (14 comments)
- Cumbrian man tells why he has right to be forgotten on Google (16 comments)
- 64 jobs at risk as factory bosses warn of possible closure (15 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (10 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (1 comment)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|