Carlisle man attacked partner in front of son, two
Last updated at 11:36, Tuesday, 03 April 2012
A 19-year-old man attacked his girlfriend and pinned her to the ground.
Keiron Richard Simmons grabbed hold of his partner as she sat on the sofa with her two-year-old son, pinning her down.
Carlisle magistrates’ court heard how he had come home to find the boy playing with a toy hoover but took it away because it was scratching the floor.
His girlfriend comforted her son, who was crying and upset, and gave him a bubble blower.
Simmons, of Atkinson Crescent, Carlisle, came back in to the room and attacked her. She spat in his face and he grabbed her by the neck, pushing her against a wall. The woman got free and called police.
Defence solicitor Geoff Clapp said the couple were back together. He loved the boy very much, he said.
Mr Clapp said Simmons had a cannabis habit and, when the attack occurred on March 17, hadn’t taken any and was in a bad mood.
Simmons admitted assault and causing criminal damage to a child’s toy but did not agree with all the facts of the case.
A judge at a Newton hearing on June 1 will decide on which version of events to sentence him.
First published at 11:30, Tuesday, 03 April 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Parking ban on staff at Carlisle's Cumberland Infirmary (103 comments)
- National Grid reveals route for new power lines network (34 comments)
- Have your say on how much to pay Cumbria's county councillors
- New council base could bring hundreds of jobs to Workington (13 comments)
- Health chiefs' secret plans to split north Cumbria's hospitals (47 comments)
- Bid to use BT phone kiosks to house defibrillators (16 comments)
- Theft-hit Carlisle church forced to close its doors (12 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in further talks with "billionaire"
- Thousands backing campaign to make Cumbria Scottish (169 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Hundreds offer to quit Cumbria County Council (37 comments)
- We ARE talking to a billionaire say Carlisle Utd owners (31 comments)
- State-of-the-art buses in Carlisle blasted by passengers
- Vulcan bomber thrills crowds at Carlisle fly past (6 comments)
- Cumbrian couple's wedding to be one in a Minion (5 comments)