Carlisle man assaulted wife in row over computer
Last updated at 13:53, Tuesday, 15 May 2012
A man grabbed his wife by the hair after rowing over a laptop computer, a court heard.
Anthony Green, 28, caused Rachel Green to fall against a door and bang her head after an argument erupted into violence.
Green, of South Henry Street, off Botchergate in Carlisle, was sentenced to a three-year community order at Carlisle Crown Court yesterday after admitting common assault.
Kim Whittlestone, prosecuting, said the couple had been in an on-off relationship for 10 years.
On April 6 she was heading out with friends and Green was “not happy about that”.
She became aware he had changed his status on the Facebook social networking website to single rather than married.
The next day she was on a laptop and an argument started about who owned the computer, the court was told.
“When he went to leave he tried to grab hold of the laptop,” said Mrs Whittlestone. “She tried to grab it back.” The violence then happened.
The court heard Mrs Green appeared to want to reconcile the relationship.
Keith Thomas, in mitigation, said Green had been in custody on remand for five weeks but admitted the defendant could have no complaint if he were put back behind bars.
The community order will include 36 months of supervision and Green must complete a domestic violence programme.
First published at 13:38, Tuesday, 15 May 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Double blow as historic Carlisle pub and club close (5 comments)
- Cheapest fuel prices in Cumbria revealed (5 comments)
- Carlisle bouncers could get body-mounted cameras (10 comments)
- United Utilities outlines reasons for seven-mile Lake District fence (4 comments)
- NMP to be stripped of Sellafield contract - claims (23 comments)
- Carlisle Utd co-owner: fans threatened me with violence (11 comments)
- Tesco drops plans to build new superstore in Carlisle (37 comments)
- Crime less than fifth of all calls to Cumbria police (1 comment)
- New Ofsted report heaps more praise on Cumbrian school (13 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Fans petition Carlisle Utd owners to sell club (109 comments)
- Dog fouling crackdown gets under way in Carlisle (72 comments)
- MD Nixon: Last week was my blackest time at Carlisle Utd (45 comments)
- Labour’s all-female shortlist for Workington is boost for women - claim (42 comments)
- Grieving man’s call to ban dogs from Carlisle Cemetery (47 comments)