Carlisle man admits race attack on police officer
Published at 11:03, Wednesday, 15 January 2014
A man has admitted a racially aggravated attack on a police officer.
Karl Ingleton, 28, of John Street, Shaddongate, Carlisle, assaulted PC Chris Pereira.
Ingleton appeared at Carlisle Crown Court where he pleaded guilty to carrying out this attack on May 13 last year.
He also admitted assaulting another man on the same date.
The case was adjourned until February 14 for sentencing to take place.
Ingleton was released on bail.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Italian chain planning Carlisle city centre restaurant (7 comments)
- West Cumbrian police station will not be casualty of cuts, MP told (3 comments)
- Council tax to rise as Carlisle tries to cope with cuts (35 comments)
- Petition demands Carlisle council action over dog mess and litter (19 comments)
- Primark to open store in Carlisle (111 comments)
- Fire stations and care homes at risk in Cumbria council cuts (47 comments)
- Cumbria police may be reduced to 'blue light' service if funding cuts go-ahead (63 comments)
- Lawyers told to find way out of Carlisle hospital's 'crippling' PFI contract (50 comments)
Court & crime
- No room for hate in a broken heart
- We shouldn’t lose sight of the kindness and compassion (8 comments)
- Primed not to care (2 comments)
- Not just cutout cops who face the chop (5 comments)
- More Anne Pickles
|NEWS & STAR ON:|