Carlisle man admits race attack on police officer
Published at 11:03, Wednesday, 15 January 2014
A man has admitted a racially aggravated attack on a police officer.
Karl Ingleton, 28, of John Street, Shaddongate, Carlisle, assaulted PC Chris Pereira.
Ingleton appeared at Carlisle Crown Court where he pleaded guilty to carrying out this attack on May 13 last year.
He also admitted assaulting another man on the same date.
The case was adjourned until February 14 for sentencing to take place.
Ingleton was released on bail.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Carlisle Utd in further talks with "billionaire"
- Lake District's World Heritage status bid moves forward (5 comments)
- Thousands backing campaign to make Cumbria Scottish (133 comments)
- St Bees School set to reopen next year (45 comments)
- Two new housing schemes tabled for Carlisle (17 comments)
- Stagecoach making changes to bus routes across Carlisle (34 comments)
- Cumbria's children's service still failing (42 comments)
- Conservative Stevenson retains Carlisle (104 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Backlash fear as Labour rejects power-sharing offer (17 comments)
- St Bees pupils face 'a year of disruption' (4 comments)
- 'The find of a lifetime' - Viking hoard unearthed (1 comment)
- New A595 crossings may be on the cards (5 comments)
- Officer caught pub playing music too late
- Seascale mum’s charity jump after friend’s cancer diagnosis (3 comments)
- Copeland Council owe £15 million for £5 million loan (10 comments)
- Meet the man who was born back to front (2 comments)
- Cumbria’s NHS is failing cancer patients (1 comment)
- Peer pressure: Lord Egremont puts nuclear new-build on hold (6 comments)