Carlisle couple's ‘sex act in garden’ trial delayed
Last updated at 11:40, Tuesday, 11 December 2012
The trial of a married couple accused of outraging public decency by performing a sex act in their garden has been delayed for legal reasons.
Spencer Notridge, 37 and his wife Jacqueline, 41, are accused of indulging in “lewd, obscene and disgusting” behaviour in the back garden of their home in Scalegate Road, Upperby, Carlisle, in June last year.
The prosecution say their garden was easily overlooked by neighbours, some of whom had children.
The couple - both of whom deny the allegation - went on trial in May but that was abandoned when the court ran out of time.
A second trial with a different jury was due to start at Carlisle Crown Court yesterday but after legal discussions it was put it off until April. The Notridges were allowed bail.
First published at 11:36, Tuesday, 11 December 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (19 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (18 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (6 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (8 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (10 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (15 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (46 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (44 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (12 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)