Carlisle couple accused of sex act in public
Last updated at 12:14, Tuesday, 20 March 2012
A Carlisle couple have appeared at the city’s crown court charged with outraging public decency by committing a sex act in front of their neighbours.
Spencer Notridge, 36 and his wife Jacqueline, 41, were accused of “lewd, obscene and disgusting” behaviour after an alleged incident at Scalegate Road, Upperby, on June 16 last year.
At the city’s Crown Court yesterday they both pleaded not guilty to outraging public decency “engaging in a sexual act while in view of members of the public”.
Spencer Notridge also denied indecent exposure intending that “someone would see them and be caused alarm or distress”.
That incident is alleged to have happened a fortnight after the first one.
The Notridges were remanded on bail and will go on trial on May 16.
First published at 11:25, Tuesday, 20 March 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (19 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (16 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (6 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (8 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (10 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (15 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (46 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (44 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (12 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)