Carlisle chip shop up for sale after 21 years
Published at 12:16, Monday, 28 January 2013
A long-established Carlisle chippy has been put up for sale after 21 years.
The owners of Holme Fryer, in Denton Holme, are looking to either lease or sell the business as they approach retirement.
Steve Rogerson, 69, said that his daughter had been helping out for a few years but the time has come to call it a day.
He said: “Even now I am down there most days but I don’t work in the shop as much.
“Denton Holme is not a place where you get passing trade so it is all regular customers.
“I don’t think a lot of people realise that I am looking to lease it yet but word will spread.”
For further information contact Steve on 07979898211.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (21 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (43 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (39 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (138 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Cumbria police crackdown on drivers using mobile phones (6 comments)
- Ex-Lookaround newsreader begins life as woman she always wanted to be (16 comments)
- Reays brings back City Hopper service; pledges more room for buggies (34 comments)
- Parents will be fined if caught smoking in cars carrying children (21 comments)
- Tweet made Austin look a proper Charlie (1 comment)