Wigton kebab shop on shortlist for best in Britain title
Last updated at 12:39, Friday, 30 November 2012
A kebab shop in Wigton is in the running to be named Britain’s best.
The Alternative Takeaway, on High Street, has been nominated in the inaugural British Kebab Awards.
It has been put forward by the town’s MP Rory Stewart, ahead of a ceremony to be held in the Houses of Parliament.
He said: “I very much enjoyed a recent visit to Alternative Takeaway, and found the kebabs of excellent quality. It’s incredibly important to show businesses in small, rural market towns such as Wigton are able to compete on a national level.
“I see no reason why Alternative Takeaway could not do very well at these inaugural awards.
“They certainly have my strong support,” said the Penrith and the Border MP.
The British Kebab Awards aim to highlight the industry’s £1bn-plus worth to the UK economy.
First published at 12:36, Friday, 30 November 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Carlisle Utd in further talks with "billionaire"
- Lake District's World Heritage status bid moves forward (5 comments)
- Thousands backing campaign to make Cumbria Scottish (133 comments)
- St Bees School set to reopen next year (45 comments)
- Two new housing schemes tabled for Carlisle (17 comments)
- Stagecoach making changes to bus routes across Carlisle (34 comments)
- Cumbria's children's service still failing (42 comments)
- Conservative Stevenson retains Carlisle (104 comments)
Court & crime
|NEWS & STAR ON:|