Fight to save jobs at Carlisle parcel depot
Last updated at 10:33, Saturday, 10 March 2012
A union says it is working with management to save as many jobs as possible at a parcel delivery depot.
It emerged yesterday that the Home Delivery Network’s (HDNL) base at Kingmoor Park, Carlisle, is to be shut and merge with the Yodel parcel delivery firm which operates from the same site.
Yodel and HDNL now operate under the Yodel name after the two businesses merged.
Consultations are ongoing with HDNL staff in Carlisle, who have been offered voluntary redundancy.
The GMB union said it is working with Yodel to ensure as many people as possible can be transferred to the merged business.
The union believes staff are likely to find out their fate late this month or early next month.
First published at 08:57, Saturday, 10 March 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- New report tells how Talkin Tarn could become self-financing (10 comments)
- Fight to block £20 parking charge stepped up by campaigners (21 comments)
- New headline act for Carlisle's Christmas festivities (14 comments)
- Girl, 7, conned into sending nude photos to internet sex predator (11 comments)
- Carlisle star Matt Pagan gutted as Collabro Xmas lights switch-on called off (34 comments)
- Cumbria council hires PR guru - at cost of £700 a day (83 comments)
- Cost of on-street parking charges revealed by Cumbria council (105 comments)
- Carlisle's The Lanes shopping centre on verge of expansion (56 comments)
- Work to start 'within weeks' on new supermarket in Carlisle (22 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (13 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- WITH VIDEO: Dalton garage staff surprised as cheeky monkey checks in to refuel (50 comments)
- Call to dual A69 road after head-on crash near Brampton (22 comments)
- Headteacher suspended from Cumbrian school
- Penrith: Wednesday August 26
- Beauty with Julie Morgan
- Man arrested on suspicion of drink driving after Ulverston crash
- Karl takes on his own Kiwis
- Brampton group’s members game for a good time
- Brampton Methodist - North Cumbria Circuit
- Therapist in fundraising bid for Philippines family