Cumberland extends Great Cumbrian Run sponsor deal
Last updated at 10:43, Saturday, 25 February 2012
A building society has given its backing to a landmark sporting event for the next three years.
The Cumberland Building Society has pledged to support the Great Cumbrian Run for a further term after getting on-board in 2010.
A deal has been struck as the half marathon prepares for its 30th year.
And there will be the introduction of a new team relay option.
The event, which will now be known as the Cumberland Building Society Great Cumbrian Run, is run by Carlisle Leisure Limited.
Marketing manager Kelly Donnelly said: “We are absolutely delighted that the Cumberland Building Society have committed for a further three years to being the event’s title sponsor.
“Their association and support of the event has been fantastic, with Derek Redmond starting last year’s Half Marathon thanks to their association with Aviva.
“With 2012 being such a great sporting year in the UK we hope to make the Cumberland Building Society Great Cumbrian Run one of the best yet.”
The run takes place on Sunday, October 7, starting at Carlisle Castle and finishing at The Sheepmount athletics stadium
Mark Byrne, the Cumberland’s assistant general manager, said: “This is an excellent community event which we are proud to be associated with.
“The Cumbrian Run has a long and successful history and we are delighted to confirm our involvement for the next three years.”
First published at 08:55, Saturday, 25 February 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (19 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (18 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (6 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (8 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (10 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (15 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (46 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (44 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (12 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)