Carlisle dental lab gets its teeth into new campaign
Last updated at 15:05, Wednesday, 11 April 2012
A dental laboratory in Carlisle has become one of the first in Britain to join a new industry campaign.
Devonshire House lab, in Spencer Street, has signed up for the ‘British Bite Mark’ drive.
This aims to reassure people getting dental fittings that the products have been made to UK and EU standards. The campaign covers appliances like crowns, veneers, implants and dentures.
It has come about because many dentists are now using labs in the Far East for their prescriptions to cut costs. However, there are concerns because the goods are not produced by registered dental technicians and British regulators do not get a chance to inspect the laboratories, as they do in the UK.
Devonshire House owner Paul Walkington said: “I am delighted to have been accepted to use the British Bite Mark logo.
“It is essential that patients receiving custom made dental appliances manufactured from my dental laboratory can be confident that they are safe and compliant.
“This logo does exactly that without the patient having to do lengthy research or ask questions that they may feel uncomfortable about when visiting the dentist.”
First published at 11:26, Wednesday, 11 April 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Council dismisses call-in bid for £11m leisure centre project (2 comments)
- 'We're hidden in full view because we look like the guy next door' (6 comments)
- Solfest music festival gets 2015 date (2 comments)
- Copeland council backs Civic Hall and new public loos plans (7 comments)
- I won't quit vows Cumbria council leader after parking charges climbdown (26 comments)
- Carlisle man can recall days of the week back to 1801 (2 comments)
- Man who scrapped Cumbrian on-street parking charges to quit (15 comments)
- £2m Carlisle football complex given the go-ahead (22 comments)
- Carlisle woman voted third most influential black person (11 comments)
- Cumbrian couple charged £100 for bad TripAdvisor review (40 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northerners (19 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (3 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (3 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Reserve for the red squirrel
- Barrow's Hairy Biker married
- Good news on march
- Barrow dad-of-two baited dogs to attack cat and sheep (33 comments)
- Cartmel Races
- Tom's latest work gets into print
- Cumbria fly-tipper admits dumping his old sofa
- Motorcyclist dies in A595 crash
- Grange Disability Action Group
- Sanderson’s double strike for Brow win