Bus passenger hurt by stone-throwing yob
Last updated at 12:06, Monday, 11 February 2013
A woman was injured after a stone was hurled through a bus window.
The bus was travelling on the A596 from Maryport to Flimby on Saturday afternoon when the stone smashed through a window and struck the female passenger.
A police spokeswoman said: “The bus was between Forth Engineering and the ambulance station when the driver’s side was hit by a stone which went straight through the window, causing damage to the value of £500.
“The stone then hit a female passenger, causing injury.
“Two youths were seen in the area, and it is believed that the stone was thrown from nearby.”
The Stagecoach bus operating on service 30/31 was struck at about 2.30pm
A spokesman for the bus company said: “A window on the bus was broken next to where a female passenger was seated.
“Our driver offered to call for medical assistance as a precaution. However, the passenger declined and continued her journey on a replacement service.
“The safety of our passengers and our staff is our absolute priority and incidents such as this are rare.
“However, this kind of irresponsible behaviour can have serious consequences and result in people being injured.
“We are passing CCTV footage from the bus to the police. We would also ask anyone with any information about the incident to contact the police to help them track down those responsible.”
Any witnesses or anyone with information should contact the police on 101, or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
First published at 12:04, Monday, 11 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Widow's anguish as thieves target Pc Bill Barker's grave (5 comments)
- Farmfoods given consent for supermarket at Carlisle's Shaddongate (25 comments)
- West House loses cafe contract at hospital (17 comments)
- Council hands out £3,000 in parking fines in one street in four months (39 comments)
- Carlisle residents too scared to walk down road without footpath (20 comments)
- Cumbria Pride crisis as Carlisle LGBT centre to close (53 comments)
- Reays brings back City Hopper service; pledges more room for buggies (33 comments)
- Call for action after crash at accident 'blackspot' near Carlisle (29 comments)
Court & crime
- Teenage motorist caught in Carlisle nearly three times drink-drive limit
- Carlisle driver so drunk he didn’t recall getting into car
- Carlisle man's £279 bill after damaging £29 pillow in police cell
- Carlisle arsonist told to expect jail for endangering her parents lives
- Party man left fighting for life after being stabbed in stomach
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Chef who hanged himself faced trial for four child sex charges
- Late show fells Millom
- Dalton zoo boss brings seasonal cheer with free admission
- BOMB TEAM CALLED TO SEASCALE BEACH
- Names found for the classmates of 1952
- Holker rock Blackpool
- Dowdales school
- Dalton zoo gets go-ahead to change entrance at its new car park (17 comments)
- Help your pet to enjoy summer
- Fire boss grilled over future of Dalton fire station