Body found during search for missing man in Lake District
Last updated at 12:50, Monday, 30 April 2012
A search helicopter has found the body of a man in the Lake District.
A 63-year-old man was reported missing at 7.50pm yesterday after failing to return to his hotel following the Buttermere Fell Run.
Mountain rescue, search and rescue teams and the police searched the area until about 3am today.
The search resumed at first light this morning and the body was found in the Scar Crags area, below Crag Hill, at 9.43am.
It has not been confirmed that this is the body of the missing man.
Formal identification will take place later today.
First published at 10:47, Monday, 30 April 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Historic Carlisle pub closing for major revamp (3 comments)
- Cumbria council's new HQ: How it could look (42 comments)
- Senior Cumbrian councillor’s warning over Rotherham abuse scandal (14 comments)
- Police ask for takeaway 'bouncers' to help curb late night disorder (16 comments)
- Three Cumbrian areas named in top 10 best places to live in England (30 comments)
- Derelict former hotel in Carlisle has no owner (43 comments)
- Carlisle council gives go-ahead to city airport overhaul (124 comments)
- Lovell gets go-ahead to build 217 new homes in west Cumbria (14 comments)
- Cumbrian man tells why he has right to be forgotten on Google (16 comments)
- 64 jobs at risk as factory bosses warn of possible closure (15 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (10 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (1 comment)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|