Biker seriously hurt in crash near Carlisle
Last updated at 11:02, Monday, 23 June 2014
A motorcyclist has been seriously hurt in a road crash near Carlisle.
Two motorbikes - a Yamaha and a BMW - and a car were involved in the collision at 11am (Sunday, June 22) at the Roadhead junction, near Kirklinton.
The car, a red Range Rover Evoque, failed to stop.
Its driver has since contacted police and he will be interviewed shortly.
The Yamaha rider, a man from Sunderland, received serious but not life-threatening injuries and was taken to the Royal Victoria Hospital, Newcastle, by air ambulance.
The BMW rider - a 42-year-old man from Chester-le-Street - was treated at the scene for minor injuries.
The main A6071 road was closed for more than two hours.
Anyone with information about the incident should call police on 101.
First published at 12:38, Sunday, 22 June 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Historic Carlisle pub closing for major revamp (3 comments)
- Cumbria council's new HQ: How it could look (42 comments)
- Senior Cumbrian councillor’s warning over Rotherham abuse scandal (14 comments)
- Police ask for takeaway 'bouncers' to help curb late night disorder (16 comments)
- Three Cumbrian areas named in top 10 best places to live in England (30 comments)
- Derelict former hotel in Carlisle has no owner (43 comments)
- Carlisle council gives go-ahead to city airport overhaul (124 comments)
- Lovell gets go-ahead to build 217 new homes in west Cumbria (14 comments)
- Cumbrian man tells why he has right to be forgotten on Google (16 comments)
- 64 jobs at risk as factory bosses warn of possible closure (15 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (10 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (1 comment)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|