Biker seriously hurt in crash near Carlisle
Last updated at 11:02, Monday, 23 June 2014
A motorcyclist has been seriously hurt in a road crash near Carlisle.
Two motorbikes - a Yamaha and a BMW - and a car were involved in the collision at 11am (Sunday, June 22) at the Roadhead junction, near Kirklinton.
The car, a red Range Rover Evoque, failed to stop.
Its driver has since contacted police and he will be interviewed shortly.
The Yamaha rider, a man from Sunderland, received serious but not life-threatening injuries and was taken to the Royal Victoria Hospital, Newcastle, by air ambulance.
The BMW rider - a 42-year-old man from Chester-le-Street - was treated at the scene for minor injuries.
The main A6071 road was closed for more than two hours.
Anyone with information about the incident should call police on 101.
First published at 12:38, Sunday, 22 June 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Police call handling shake-up could cut demand on officers (29 comments)
- Cumbrian council set to axe chief executive job (14 comments)
- Former Carlisle hotel one of England's most at risk buildings (21 comments)
- Thirty new Cumbrian entries in Camra's latest 'beer bible' (5 comments)
- Parents furious as children kept out of lessons for flouting uniform rules (85 comments)
- 'Rude' Cumbrian town name banned at national WI fair (43 comments)
- Carlisle's Toni & Guy hair salon shuts (39 comments)
- Plans unveiled to revamp Carlisle's Castle Way (138 comments)
Court & crime
- Carlisle man who had nearly two million child porn images on computer jailed
- Driver lost control and crashed through Carlisle charity shop window
- Carlisle man jailed for lying for cocaine trafficker dad
- Cumbrian man convicted of raid on Dartmouth gift shop
- Men who turned Cumbrian mansion into cannabis farm jailed for total of almost 40 years
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Cumbria police crackdown on drivers using mobile phones (6 comments)
- Ex-Lookaround newsreader begins life as woman she always wanted to be (16 comments)
- Reays brings back City Hopper service; pledges more room for buggies (34 comments)
- Parents will be fined if caught smoking in cars carrying children (21 comments)
- Tweet made Austin look a proper Charlie (1 comment)