Friday, 09 October 2015

Subscriptions  |  evouchers  |  Jobs  |  Property  |  Motors  |  Travel  |  Dating  |  Family Notices

Baby boy flown to Newcastle hospital after being scalded at cafe

An eight-month-old baby boy had to be airlifted to hospital in Newcastle with what were described as “severe injuries” after he was scalded in a cafe.

The incident happened at Lunch in Main Street, Keswick, just before noon today.

The boy, who was with his family from Shrewsbury, suffered scalding to his chest and abdomen from a hot drink.

He was initially treated at the scene by an off-duty nurse, who happened to be in the cafe, then by an ambulance service paramedic and the doctor lead trauma team from the Pride of Cumbria Air Ambulance, which was called from its base at Langwathby.

The helicopter flew him to the Royal Victoria Infirmary in 25 minutes where he was admitted to the burns unit.

His condition on arrival was described as “stable”.


News & Star What's On search


Are you keen on home cooking and baking?

Yes - I love making my own food

I like to cook when I can but I haven't got time to bake

No way - I'm a takeaway fan

Show Result

Hot jobs
Scan for our iPhone and Android apps
Search for: