Baby boy flown to Newcastle hospital after being scalded at cafe
Last updated at 15:56, Thursday, 12 June 2014
An eight-month-old baby boy had to be airlifted to hospital in Newcastle with what were described as “severe injuries” after he was scalded in a cafe.
The incident happened at Lunch in Main Street, Keswick, just before noon today.
The boy, who was with his family from Shrewsbury, suffered scalding to his chest and abdomen from a hot drink.
He was initially treated at the scene by an off-duty nurse, who happened to be in the cafe, then by an ambulance service paramedic and the doctor lead trauma team from the Pride of Cumbria Air Ambulance, which was called from its base at Langwathby.
The helicopter flew him to the Royal Victoria Infirmary in 25 minutes where he was admitted to the burns unit.
His condition on arrival was described as “stable”.
The Pride of Cumbria on scene in Keswick earlier today after an eight month old boy was accidentally scalded. pic.twitter.com/qKHj7dK6Su— Great North Air Amb (@GNairambulance) June 12, 2014
First published at 15:07, Thursday, 12 June 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (38 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (29 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (7 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (13 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (13 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (16 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (48 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (46 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (13 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (57 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)