Auditions date set for Carlisle Sands Centre panto
Last updated at 08:58, Wednesday, 23 July 2014
It may be the middle of summer but preparations are underway for this year’s big Christmas pantomime in Carlisle.
The Sands Centre has announced auditions for Peter Pan, revealing it is searching for a talented leading lady to take on the role of Wendy.
Producers are also searching for stars aged eight and above for the legendary story’s characters of Michael, John, The Lost Children and Tinkerbell the magical fairy.
The production will run for 32 performances in December. Those who attend are set for “amazing flying effects, a lavish set, a fantastic live band and top quality professional performers”.
Guy Pascall, director, said “What a great opportunity for local performers to be involved.
“Not only do we need our usual teams of dancers but this year we’re also looking for children with acting and singing experience.”
Youngsters interested should attend an ‘open audition’ at The Sands Centre on Sunday, September 7. Auditions for Wendy will take place the day before for female performers aged 16 or above.
Organisers say this will be a great opportunity for a budding actress to gain her first professional contract.
Hopefuls need to bring two contrasting songs of their choice with a CD backing track so the audition panel can listen to them sing.
Those already set to appear include Chris Ellison from The Bill as Captain Hook, Darragh Mortell from CBBC’s Tracy Beaker as Peter Pan and CFM Radio’s Robbie Dee as Smee.
First published at 08:56, Wednesday, 23 July 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (19 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (16 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (6 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (8 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (10 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (15 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (46 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (44 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (12 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)