Arrests after suspected arson attack in west Cumbria
Last updated at 17:36, Saturday, 12 May 2012
Police have arrested two men on suspicion of arson after a house fire.
The blaze started in the bedroom of a house in Thornhill, Egremont, just before midday yesterday.
Three fire engines from Egremont, Whitehaven and Seascale attended the scene.
The bedroom was well alight when firefighters arrived.
The flames were extinguished using one hosereel.
First published at 17:16, Saturday, 12 May 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Italian chain planning Carlisle city centre restaurant (7 comments)
- West Cumbrian police station will not be casualty of cuts, MP told (3 comments)
- Council tax to rise as Carlisle tries to cope with cuts (35 comments)
- Petition demands Carlisle council action over dog mess and litter (19 comments)
- Primark to open store in Carlisle (111 comments)
- Fire stations and care homes at risk in Cumbria council cuts (47 comments)
- Cumbria police may be reduced to 'blue light' service if funding cuts go-ahead (63 comments)
- Lawyers told to find way out of Carlisle hospital's 'crippling' PFI contract (50 comments)
Court & crime
- No room for hate in a broken heart
- We shouldn’t lose sight of the kindness and compassion (8 comments)
- Primed not to care (2 comments)
- Not just cutout cops who face the chop (5 comments)
- More Anne Pickles
|NEWS & STAR ON:|