Arrest warrants issued for Carlisle couple accused of sex act in garden
Last updated at 12:42, Wednesday, 10 April 2013
Warrants have been issued for the arrest of a married couple accused of performing a sex act in the garden of their Carlisle home.
Spencer Notridge, 38, and his wife Jacqueline, 42, were due to go on trial at Carlisle Crown Court on Monday accused of outraging public decency.
But they failed to turn up and the case was postponed for 24 hours to allow them more time to travel up from Kent, where they now live.
But after they failed to attend court yesterday either, Judge Barbara Forrester issued a warrant for their arrest.
Once found, Spencer Notridge will be held in custody, but his wife, who is disabled, will be allowed bail.
A further hearing – which they will be expected to attend – will be held on May 13, at which a new date for their trial will be set.
The couple face a charge which alleges that in June 2011 they indulged in “lewd, obscene and disgusting” behaviour in the back garden of their home in Scalegate Road, Upperby, where they then lived.
It is alleged they performed a sex act in their back garden, which was easily overlooked by neighbours, some of whom had children.
First published at 12:41, Wednesday, 10 April 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (19 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (18 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (6 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (8 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (10 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (15 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (46 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (44 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (12 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)