Arrest after man attacked behind Carlisle pub
Published at 10:48, Monday, 16 April 2012
Police said a man suffered “significant injuries” after being repeatedly punched and pushed to the ground during an afternoon attack behind a pub.
The man, 34, was taken to hospital after being beaten by a thug in the smoking area behind the Crown Inn on Botchergate in Carlisle.
Police said an investigation was launched immediately after the violence, at 3.45pm yesterday. The victim later discharged himself from the Cumberland Infirmary in Carlisle.
Officers said a man, 41, described as local, was arrested on suspicion of assault today.
He remains in police custody this morning for questioning.
Police are appealing for witnesses to call Carlisle CID on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Dogs banned from some parks and spaces in Cumbria (31 comments)
- Hundreds offer to quit Cumbria County Council (45 comments)
- Parking ban on staff at Carlisle's Cumberland Infirmary (106 comments)
- National Grid reveals route for new power lines network (34 comments)
- Have your say on how much to pay Cumbria's county councillors
- New council base could bring hundreds of jobs to Workington (13 comments)
- Health chiefs' secret plans to split north Cumbria's hospitals (47 comments)
- Bid to use BT phone kiosks to house defibrillators (17 comments)
- Theft-hit Carlisle church forced to close its doors (12 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in further talks with "billionaire"