Arrest after man attacked behind Carlisle pub
Published at 10:48, Monday, 16 April 2012
Police said a man suffered “significant injuries” after being repeatedly punched and pushed to the ground during an afternoon attack behind a pub.
The man, 34, was taken to hospital after being beaten by a thug in the smoking area behind the Crown Inn on Botchergate in Carlisle.
Police said an investigation was launched immediately after the violence, at 3.45pm yesterday. The victim later discharged himself from the Cumberland Infirmary in Carlisle.
Officers said a man, 41, described as local, was arrested on suspicion of assault today.
He remains in police custody this morning for questioning.
Police are appealing for witnesses to call Carlisle CID on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Historic Carlisle pub closing for major revamp (3 comments)
- Cumbria council's new HQ: How it could look (42 comments)
- Senior Cumbrian councillor’s warning over Rotherham abuse scandal (14 comments)
- Police ask for takeaway 'bouncers' to help curb late night disorder (16 comments)
- Three Cumbrian areas named in top 10 best places to live in England (30 comments)
- Derelict former hotel in Carlisle has no owner (43 comments)
- Carlisle council gives go-ahead to city airport overhaul (124 comments)
- Lovell gets go-ahead to build 217 new homes in west Cumbria (14 comments)
- Cumbrian man tells why he has right to be forgotten on Google (16 comments)
- 64 jobs at risk as factory bosses warn of possible closure (15 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (10 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (1 comment)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|