Angry man lunged at member of staff in Carlisle bank - court
Last updated at 16:59, Monday, 18 February 2013
A man became aggressive to bank staff when he was unable to withdraw cash, a court has heard.
Carlisle magistrates were told the incident happened when Lee David Roger McNeill, 50, of Greenacres, Wetheral, went into the Halifax in Carlisle on Christmas Eve to get money for presents.
The cashier asked for his bank card and details of his account which he didn’t have with him. He became agitated when told he couldn’t withdraw cash without them.
The court was also told he banged on the desk, threw part of his mobile phone to the ground, then lunged at a member of staff. The police were called.
Helen Wallace, defending, told the magistrates that McNeill went into the bank to withdraw money for family Christmas presents. It was in fact the wrong bank as he had intended to go to the Santander branch.
She said McNeill was suffering from stress at the time and had taken anti-depressants, together with alcohol. He could remember nothing of the incident at all. Miss Wallace said that three days after the incident he went into the Halifax to apologise to staff as he realised his behaviour was unacceptable.
McNeill was fined £70 after he pleaded guilty to using threatening words or behaviour.
First published at 16:58, Monday, 18 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Italian chain planning Carlisle city centre restaurant (7 comments)
- West Cumbrian police station will not be casualty of cuts, MP told (3 comments)
- Council tax to rise as Carlisle tries to cope with cuts (35 comments)
- Petition demands Carlisle council action over dog mess and litter (19 comments)
- Primark to open store in Carlisle (111 comments)
- Fire stations and care homes at risk in Cumbria council cuts (47 comments)
- Cumbria police may be reduced to 'blue light' service if funding cuts go-ahead (63 comments)
- Lawyers told to find way out of Carlisle hospital's 'crippling' PFI contract (50 comments)
Court & crime
- No room for hate in a broken heart
- We shouldn’t lose sight of the kindness and compassion (8 comments)
- Primed not to care (2 comments)
- Not just cutout cops who face the chop (5 comments)
- More Anne Pickles
|NEWS & STAR ON:|