Air ambulance sent to crash near Carlisle
Last updated at 09:00, Tuesday, 01 July 2014
The driver of this car managed to escape with only minor injuries, despite crashing into a ditch and flipping over.
Emergency services were sent to the crash at Milltown, near Carlisle, at about 3.30pm yesterday (Monday).
Initial reports were that a person was trapped and seriously hurt in the overturned car.
The 41-year-old female driver, from Carlisle, was cut from the Ford Focus by firefighters using specialist equipment.
The Great North Air Ambulance was called to attend, sending its helicopter from Teesside airport as the Pride of Cumbria was responding to reports of a 70-year-old woman falling 30ft at Ambleside.
Despite initial fears, the woman suffered only cuts and bruises to her lower body, and was taken to the Cumberland Infirmary in Carlisle by road ambulance.
It is not thought any other vehicles were involved in the incident.
Anyone with information about the crash is asked to contact police on 101.
First published at 16:15, Monday, 30 June 2014
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
Have your say
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (19 comments)
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (16 comments)
- Children find drug needles in Cumbrian alleyway (6 comments)
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (8 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (10 comments)
- X-Factor star's Carlisle gig cancelled (15 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (56 comments)
- Whitehaven appoint new boss (12 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (46 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (44 comments)
Court & crime
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (12 comments)
- Represent us on parking charges (2 comments)
- Take a bite out of me, me, me (4 comments)
- Cumbria: outdoors theme park or sprawling retirement village (2 comments)
- More Mark Green
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)