Premier League defender joins Carlisle United
Last updated at 13:00, Thursday, 21 February 2013
Premier League left-back Jordan Mustoe today joined Carlisle United.
The Wigan Athletic defender has linked up with the Cumbrians on an emergency loan deal until the end of the season.
And the 22-year-old, who has made two first-team appearances for Roberto Martinez's side this season, could go straight into the Blues side for Saturday's home clash with MK Dons.
Birkenhead-born Mustoe, who has had previous loan spells with Morecambe and Barnet, ends boss Greg Abbott's search for a left-back, following the ankle injury which has ruled Chris Chantler out for the season.
If Mustoe starts against the Dons it could see Matty Robson return to the United attack, after the ex-Hartlepool man has deputised in the back four in recent weeks.
Mustoe's one start in 2012/13 for the Latics, where he came through the youth ranks, came in their FA Cup victory against Macclesfield last month, with his other appearance coming as a sub in the previous round against Bournemouth. He has also been an unused sub in their Premier League game at Stoke.
He previously made 12 appearances for League Two side Morecambe from last October to December, scoring once, after 19 outings on loan at Barnet last season, after earning his Wigan debut at Hull in January 2011.
First published at 11:27, Thursday, 21 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- League and cup results 2013-14
- League One 2013-14
- League and cup results 2012-13
- League One 2012-13
- League and cup results 2011-12
- League One 2011-12
- League and cup results 2010-11
- League One 2010-11
- League and cup results 2009-10
- League One 2009-10
- League and cup results 2008-09
- League One 2008-09
- League and cup results 2007-08
- League One 2007-08
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Tributes to Carlisle woman who died days after her 26th birthday (21 comments)
- Shop to close after 30 years in Carlisle city centre
- Google erases link to News & Star article under ‘right to be forgotten’ (30 comments)
- North Cumbrian brewery goes into administration
- Two suffer 'serious' injuries in A66 crash