Oldham move season ticket holders out of stand to make way for Carlisle Utd fans
Last updated at 12:04, Tuesday, 01 May 2012
Carlisle United’s expected travelling army of fans has led Oldham to order season ticket holders to vacate their regular seats this weekend.
The Latics are bracing themselves for a huge invasion of Blues supporters for the last game of the season – which could see United snatch a play-off place.
The crucial clash has seen Carlisle fans rapidly snapping up tickets, with around 700 having already been sold at Brunton Park.
The importance of the game is set to see one of United’s biggest away followings of the season descend on Oldham’s ground.
This has caused Carlisle’s hosts to allocate the whole of the Leesfield Developments Rochdale Road Stand to followers of Greg Abbott’s team.
As a result, some Oldham season-ticket holders must move to either the Main Stand or Detect-All Chaddy End for the last game of 2011/12.
The Leesfield Developments Rochdale Road Stand holds around 4,600, although the game has not been declared all ticket.
Carlisle, though, are urging fans to get their tickets as soon as possible to be certain of a place at Boundary Park for what could be a famous day in the Cumbrians’ recent history.
If United beat Paul Dickov’s side – and both Stevenage and Notts County fail to win – Carlisle will go sixth and claim League One’s final play-off place.
That would tee up a semi-final against either Sheffield Wednesday or Sheffield United, with the first leg at Brunton Park on Friday week.
Oldham, meanwhile, are counting the cost of recent stormy weather which took its toll on parts of their ground.
High winds tore cladding from the side of the Detect-All Chaddy End, which must be repaired before Saturday’s game.
United can secure some silverware tonight when they face Harraby Catholic Club in the final of the Cumberland Cup.
The Blues’ second string are looking to retain the trophy at Brunton Park.
Kick-off is 7pm and entry is £2 (£1 concessions).
First published at 11:26, Tuesday, 01 May 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- League Two 2014-15
- League and cup results 2014-15
- League One 2013-14
- League and cup results 2012-13
- League One 2012-13
- League and cup results 2011-12
- League One 2011-12
- League and cup results 2010-11
- League One 2010-11
- League and cup results 2009-10
- League One 2009-10
- League and cup results 2008-09
- League One 2008-09
- League and cup results 2007-08
- League One 2007-08
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Council tax to rise as Carlisle tries to cope with cuts (35 comments)
- Thousands are left spellbound at Carlisle Fireshow (26 comments)
- Refugee families from Syria to resettle in Cumbria by Xmas (12 comments)
- Petition demands Carlisle council action over dog mess and litter (19 comments)
- "Dangerous" police cuts debate: how your MPs voted (24 comments)