Sunderland boss gives Cook green light to stay with Carlisle Utd
Last updated at 11:46, Thursday, 16 February 2012
Martin O’Neill has given Jordan Cook the green light to stay at Carlisle United for a longer loan spell.
Young Sunderland frontman Cook’s first month with the Blues is up and manager Greg Abbott must act now to keep him in his squad for United’s next game at Brentford.
Abbott has indicated he would like to keep the 21-year-old for longer and can expect a positive hearing from Black Cats manager O’Neill.
The Stadium of Light chief has several players out on loan and is happy for that situation to remain.
“If the clubs they are at want to keep them and they are fine there, then we can extend the loans and bring them back if we need them,” said O’Neill.
“All young players need experience and the loan situation was something I was keen to look at as soon as I came into the club.”
Cook has made two starts and two substitute appearances for the Cumbrians after joining to get some first-team experience.
Abbott is keen not to lose any more strikers for next Monday’s televised game at Griffin Park, with Lee Miller still suspended and Craig Curran not yet ready to return after a knee injury.
Defender Matty Robson has already been ruled out of the Brentford trip.
First published at 11:25, Thursday, 16 February 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- League and cup results 2013-14
- League One 2013-14
- League and cup results 2012-13
- League One 2012-13
- League and cup results 2011-12
- League One 2011-12
- League and cup results 2010-11
- League One 2010-11
- League and cup results 2009-10
- League One 2009-10
- League and cup results 2008-09
- League One 2008-09
- League and cup results 2007-08
- League One 2007-08
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Cumbria council bosses wanted to 'kill' spin doctor story (10 comments)
- Woods used by 'unsavoury' men for sex chopped down (101 comments)
- Lumsdon: Carlisle Utd supporters' club is way forward (1 comment)
- Carlisle McVitie's staff reject changes to working conditions (76 comments)