New liaison officer aims to improve relations between supporters and Carlisle Utd board
Last updated at 12:10, Thursday, 20 December 2012
Carlisle United’s new supporter liaison officer says he is willing to meet with disgruntled fans and ensure the board listens to their concerns.
Nigel Dickinson will act as a go-between on issues from the price of a half-time pint to the controversial move to a new ground at Kingmoor Park.
Supporter liaison officers have been introduced at all Premier League and Football League clubs by UEFA to help improve communication between fans and the clubs they support.
Dickinson, who has been Carlisle’s operations manager since 2008, wants to set up a small committee of a cross-section of fans to provide feedback on the club at meetings every six to eight weeks. He believes it will help the club engage better with its fanbase and generate new ideas to improve facilities.
“Any supporter issues will come through me and this is an opportunity for them to have a voice,” he said. “We would like to get supporters together to have a discussion group and get feedback to generate some positive ideas.
“The key objectives are transparency and improving communications. Fans have more opportunity than ever to talk about their concerns.
“The club owners, coaches and players come and go but fans are always there, and my role is to bridge the gap between fans and the club to improve dialogue.”
First published at 12:08, Thursday, 20 December 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- League and cup results 2013-14
- League One 2013-14
- League and cup results 2012-13
- League One 2012-13
- League and cup results 2011-12
- League One 2011-12
- League and cup results 2010-11
- League One 2010-11
- League and cup results 2009-10
- League One 2009-10
- League and cup results 2008-09
- League One 2008-09
- League and cup results 2007-08
- League One 2007-08
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (44 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (40 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (36 comments)
- No easy route back to Carlisle for McDonald (13 comments)
- Call for statue to celebrate Carlisle's famous biscuit workers (19 comments)
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (101 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)
- Carlisle Utd sign deal with developer to plan new stadium (45 comments)