James Berrett and Frank Simek add to Carlisle Utd injury woes
Last updated at 11:45, Monday, 03 December 2012
James Berrett will have a scan on his injured groin today and Frank Simek is set for a two-week lay-off in the latest injury woe for Carlisle United boss Greg Abbott.
Berrett missed the Bournemouth defeat after pulling up in training on Friday with an injury Abbott said the midfielder had been “carrying for a while.” Right-back Simek, meanwhile, tried to play through the pain despite having had a scan which revealed knee ligament damage.
He lasted until half-time before being replaced by debutant Valentin Gjokaj.
On Simek, Abbott said: “He had a scan that said three weeks but to be fair to Frank he wanted to play.
“With us not having an ideal choice to play right-back, we played him.
“He is probably doubtful for next week and it’s the one player we don’t have a ready-made replacement for. It’s really frustrating.”
Danny Cadamarteri is set to step up his comeback from a groin injury this week and could be a contender to return to the squad against Sheffield United next Saturday.
Lee Miller was also due to take part in light training today.
Captain Paul Thirlwell started Saturday’s game after a month out with an ankle injury, while Abbott said he was encouraged by the contribution of Derby loanee Gjokaj, who played out of position in Simek’s place.
United’s Youth Alliance Cup tie against Accrington fell victim to a frozen pitch at Creighton.
First published at 11:42, Monday, 03 December 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- League and cup results 2013-14
- League One 2013-14
- League and cup results 2012-13
- League One 2012-13
- League and cup results 2011-12
- League One 2011-12
- League and cup results 2010-11
- League One 2010-11
- League and cup results 2009-10
- League One 2009-10
- League and cup results 2008-09
- League One 2008-09
- League and cup results 2007-08
- League One 2007-08
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Two retail giants quitting Carlisle (36 comments)
- Fight to block £20 parking charge stepped up by campaigners (21 comments)
- Girl, 7, conned into sending nude photos to internet sex predator (11 comments)
- New headline act for Carlisle's Christmas festivities (14 comments)
- New report tells how Talkin Tarn could become self-financing (10 comments)
- Cost of on-street parking charges revealed by Cumbria council (105 comments)
- Cumbria council hires PR guru - at cost of £700 a day (83 comments)
- Anger over plan to charge £20 to park outside your home in Cumbria (69 comments)
- Carlisle's The Lanes shopping centre on verge of expansion (56 comments)
- New KFC restaurant will create up to 40 jobs in Cumbria (50 comments)