Ex-Carlisle Utd player Michalik linked to Polish champions
Published at 11:16, Friday, 15 June 2012
Former Carlisle United defender Lubo Michalik could be playing Champions League football next season after being linked with a move to Polish champions Slask Wroclaw.
The Slovakian international, who left the Blues this week after rejecting a new deal, is reportedly in talks with Wroclaw.
Michalik has already attracted interest from Hibernian and Preston, while two clubs in the Championship are also said to be keen on the giant centre-half.
But a Polish newspaper last night claimed he was on the brink of leaving the UK in order to link up with Wroclaw, who won only their second title last season and will compete in the second qualifying round of the Champions League.
The move would take seven-cap Michalik, 28, back to Eastern Europe after five years in English football with Bolton, Leeds and Carlisle.
He made 75 appearances for the Cumbrians, before manager Greg Abbott acted quickly to cover his departure by moving for Notts County's Mike Edwards.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- League and cup results 2013-14
- League One 2013-14
- League and cup results 2012-13
- League One 2012-13
- League and cup results 2011-12
- League One 2011-12
- League and cup results 2010-11
- League One 2010-11
- League and cup results 2009-10
- League One 2009-10
- League and cup results 2008-09
- League One 2008-09
- League and cup results 2007-08
- League One 2007-08
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (44 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (40 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (36 comments)
- No easy route back to Carlisle for McDonald (13 comments)
- Call for statue to celebrate Carlisle's famous biscuit workers (19 comments)
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (101 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)
- Carlisle Utd sign deal with developer to plan new stadium (45 comments)