James Berrett still aiming to contribute with goals
Last updated at 11:39, Thursday, 07 February 2013
James Berrett insists he’s happy to rein in his attacking instincts for Carlisle – even though it’s affecting his goals tally.
The midfielder has scored just once in the league so far this season – against Portsmouth on August 25 – after two successive campaigns when he hit double figures. But Berrett says he is responding to manager Greg Abbott’s request that he carries out a different role in the Blues’ engine room.
“I haven’t scored as many goals as in the last two seasons at this point, but I’ve found myself playing a bit more defensively at the moment,” said Berrett, who was impressive in last weekend’s win at Tranmere.
“It means I’m not getting as far forward. I still want to contribute with goals and I still think my best position is more attacking, but I’m happy to do the job and I’ll play anywhere. I think I’ve been better recently in the defensive role, concentrating on the simple things, getting the ball off the opposition and keeping it simple.”
United have slashed ticket prices for students for this month’s home clash with Walsall. The Blues have teamed up with the University of Cumbria and Carlisle College to offer all students a discount for the game on Tuesday, February 26. Ticket prices for college students have been cut to £6, and £6.50 for university students, in the Reays Community Stand. The normal ticket price for a young person aged 18-22 is £13. And students can also receive their first drink at half-price if they show their ticket to bar staff between 6.30pm and 7.30pm before the game.
Students can buy their tickets for the Walsall game until 5pm on Monday February 25, either from Carlisle College main reception or from the Student Union office on Fusehill Street.
First published at 11:36, Thursday, 07 February 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- League and cup results 2013-14
- League One 2013-14
- League and cup results 2012-13
- League One 2012-13
- League and cup results 2011-12
- League One 2011-12
- League and cup results 2010-11
- League One 2010-11
- League and cup results 2009-10
- League One 2009-10
- League and cup results 2008-09
- League One 2008-09
- League and cup results 2007-08
- League One 2007-08
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- University of Cumbria among most gay-friendly in UK (2 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (47 comments)
- Carlisle Utd in crisis after equalling worst run ever (55 comments)
- £1bn tidal lagoon could be built off Cumbrian coast (44 comments)
- Worried Scots opening bank accounts in Carlisle (44 comments)
- No easy route back to Carlisle for McDonald (13 comments)
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (104 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)
- Carlisle Utd sign deal with developer to plan new stadium (45 comments)