Carlisle Utd boss's cup half full over fixture list
Last updated at 11:15, Sunday, 20 January 2013
Carlisle United boss Greg Abbott hopes a lack of fixture congestion can help him avoid another injury crisis in the second half of the season.
The Blues must fit another midweek game into their calendar after yesterday’s trip to Crawley was postponed.
But United, who are out of all the cups, do not have as packed a schedule as they have had in recent campaigns.
Abbott, who has been without key players at various stages this season, is looking on the bright side of having fewer games than normal.
“I would never say it’s a good thing to be out of the cups but one possible side-benefit, now that we are, is that there is more recovery time for players between matches,” he said.
Abbott is closer than ever to having a fully-fit squad, with Mike Edwards and Peter Murphy just over a week away from a return from hamstring and calf injuries.
With Chris Chantler winning his battle against recent ankle and heel problems, the United manager is hoping to have all his players back and available.
The Crawley game was called off at 10am on Friday due to a frozen pitch and snow at the Broadfield Stadium.
The decision was made early so that Abbott and his squad did not have to set off on their journey to Sussex, with roads at many points on the way having also been affected by heavy snow.
First published at 11:12, Sunday, 20 January 2013
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- League and cup results 2013-14
- League One 2013-14
- League and cup results 2012-13
- League One 2012-13
- League and cup results 2011-12
- League One 2011-12
- League and cup results 2010-11
- League One 2010-11
- League and cup results 2009-10
- League One 2009-10
- League and cup results 2008-09
- League One 2008-09
- League and cup results 2007-08
- League One 2007-08
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Scotland says 'No' to independence (26 comments)
- Talks over new primary on site of axed Carlisle school (12 comments)
- Car park in Cumbrian town to close for a month (13 comments)
- It’s all gone south for us northeners (13 comments)
- Keith Curle named as new Carlisle United boss (29 comments)
- Scottish independence: Cumbria border posts warning if yes vote (105 comments)
- Carlisle Utd boss Graham Kavanagh sacked (74 comments)
- Keith Curle in pole position to become Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Ex-Liverpool ace on bookies list to become new Carlisle Utd boss (56 comments)
- Carlisle 'receptive' to UKIP, reveals new study (54 comments)