Carlisle United's Potts wins England call
Last updated at 15:43, Thursday, 08 November 2012
Carlisle United youngster Brad Potts has today been called up by England's Under-19s.
The versatile teenager will join up with Noel Blake's squad after the Blues' game at Brentford on Saturday.
Potts, who can play in defence or midfield, was been added to the squad to face Finland next Tuesday after Birmingham's Nathan Redmond pulled out with injury.
The 18-year-old could become Carlisle's first home-grown England Under-19 international since Paul Reid in 2000.
"I'm absolutely buzzing," Potts said. "I never expected anything like this. I'm nervous but really looking forward to it."
The game is at Telford's New Bucks Head Stadium and Potts will join the squad for training at the new St George's Park national football centre.
First published at 15:42, Thursday, 08 November 2012
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- League Two 2014-15
- League and cup results 2014-15
- League One 2013-14
- League and cup results 2012-13
- League One 2012-13
- League and cup results 2011-12
- League One 2011-12
- League and cup results 2010-11
- League One 2010-11
- League and cup results 2009-10
- League One 2009-10
- League and cup results 2008-09
- League One 2008-09
- League and cup results 2007-08
- League One 2007-08
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Cumbria police crackdown on drivers using mobile phones (6 comments)
- Ex-Lookaround newsreader begins life as woman she always wanted to be (16 comments)
- Reays brings back City Hopper service; pledges more room for buggies (34 comments)
- Parents will be fined if caught smoking in cars carrying children (21 comments)
- Tweet made Austin look a proper Charlie (1 comment)