Carlisle United on hunt for four new signings
Published at 12:10, Monday, 27 January 2014
Graham Kavanagh will step up his bid to strengthen Carlisle United this week with the Blues boss hoping to sign up to four players before the transfer window closes.
Signing loan star Tom Lawrence until the end of the season is top of Kavanagh’s agenda this week.
But he is also going all out to secure the signature of a goalkeeper to act as cover while No1 Mark Gillespie recovers from surgery following a knee ligament injury.
Greg Fleming, who has been entrusted with the gloves during the last three games following Ben Amos’ return to Manchester United, will continue on a month-to-month deal.
Kavanagh revealed he has targeted signing three or four players before the transfer window closes at 11pm on Friday.
He said: “We’ve got one or two irons in the fire regarding players, which we hope will come through. I would like to strengthen and bring players in and I want to keep the loan players. If we can get to maybe manage get a permanent in or two or three loans in, it will bring a real fresh vibe and energy to the group.”
The United boss is also hoping to move players on the transfer window, with young targetman Mark Beck a possible contender for a loan move to gain more first-team experience.
Teenage striker Alex Salmon has become the latest player to be released by the club after he left on Friday by mutual consent.
Striker Josh Gillies, who joined the club from Gateshead last summer, has had his loan deal with Cambridge United extended until the end of the season.
Published by http://www.newsandstar.co.uk
- League and cup results 2013-14
- League One 2013-14
- League and cup results 2012-13
- League One 2012-13
- League and cup results 2011-12
- League One 2011-12
- League and cup results 2010-11
- League One 2010-11
- League and cup results 2009-10
- League One 2009-10
- League and cup results 2008-09
- League One 2008-09
- League and cup results 2007-08
- League One 2007-08
|NEWS & STAR ON:|
- Two retail giants quitting Carlisle (36 comments)
- Fight to block £20 parking charge stepped up by campaigners (21 comments)
- Girl, 7, conned into sending nude photos to internet sex predator (11 comments)
- New headline act for Carlisle's Christmas festivities (14 comments)
- New report tells how Talkin Tarn could become self-financing (10 comments)
- Cost of on-street parking charges revealed by Cumbria council (105 comments)
- Cumbria council hires PR guru - at cost of £700 a day (83 comments)
- Anger over plan to charge £20 to park outside your home in Cumbria (69 comments)
- Carlisle's The Lanes shopping centre on verge of expansion (56 comments)
- New KFC restaurant will create up to 40 jobs in Cumbria (50 comments)