Keswick Men's 2nd team have clinched promotion from the North West Hockey League Division Two.

They needed to beat North Lakes and hope that Didsbury were successful against Leyland and Chorley.

Keswick won 6-1 to complete their part of the equation, and then it was just a matter of waiting to see if their season had ended with promotion.

The 2-1 win for Didsbury was greeted with a massive cheer as it meant they had achieved their aim.

Dan Owen had made his presence felt from the start as the central attacker and the Lakes keeper did well to stop his first minute shot.

However, the keeper was unable to do anything on five minutes after a run and pass from Ben Harrison allowed George Borley to run into the D.

His pass across goal wrong-footed the keeper and found Owen who fired the ball home.

On 12 minutes Ruaridh Dean made a break down the right and beat two defenders with his cross to find Owen again in front of goal.

Clearly with the bit between his teeth, Owen put the ball through the keeper’s legs to score again, and double Keswick's lead, to put hem well on the way to victory.

Owen should have completed his hat-trick shortly after, but the keeper managed to make amends for his earlier mistakes with a good save.

However, it only delayed the inevitable, as on 21 minutes it was Borley who scored number three, after his good run into the D ended with a shot that whistled past the advancing goalkeeper and into the net.

Captain Paul Sloan and former skipper Dean Ward kept things tight in the middle for Keswick.

Their defensive work created gaps for Ben Harrison to exploit with his jinking runs, and allowing youngsters Dean and Jack Stockdale the space out wide to run at the Lakes defence.

They provided great balls into goal-hungry Owen’s path.

On 27 minutes it was one of Harrisons mazy runs that ended with him cracking the ball back across the keeper into the net.

The half's scoring was rounded off a minute later as Owen completed his hat trick.

Keswick had obviously talked about their discipline as not once had they questioned an umpiring decision.

With a 5-0 lead, the second half saw more Keswick pressure, but there was a bit less discipline.

Indeed four cards were handed out, which disrupted their rhythm and let the visitors get a goal back after 18 minutes.

This was never going to affect the outcome as the game was effectively over at the break.

Harrison scored his second and Keswick's sixth after 30 minutes to complete the scoring.