In an exciting Cumbrian derby honours were even in the National Conference League Division Three clash.

Millom earned a 22-22 draw at Hensingham with a penalty from Lee Postlethwaite three minutes from the end.

Hensingham had led 10-8 at the break and an early try after the resumption saw them eight points clear but remarkably, despite having Gareth Helmsley yellow-carded, the Woollybacks responded magnificently in his absence to forge 20-16 ahead.

When Hensingham fought-back to lead 22-20 going into the closing stages it looked as though they were going to take the spoils but the late penalty from Postlethwaite meant both sides finished with a point.

Earlier, Hensingham’s points had come from tries by Gareth Gates (two) and Jack Kellett (two), with goals by Kellett (two) and Josh Hillier.

Millom scored tries through Ross Brookes (two), Kian McPherson and Jonathan Hodgson, with Postlethwaite finishing with three goals.

Up in the Premier Division, Wath Brow scored their first win with a 24-6 success at Underbank Rangers.

A try on three minutes by Jamie Devine which Cole Walker-Taylor converted was the perfect start and Walker-Taylor then added a penalty but the hosts came back with a try by Ryan Maneely on 32 minutes, converted by Richard Pogson.

The Hornets had stretched their advantage to 16-6 by half time with an Ellison Holgate try, converted by Walker-Taylor who also added a penalty.

It was tight in the second half but the Hornets added a Fran King try, converted by Walker-Taylor, who also kicked a penalty.

Egremont were desperately close to getting off the mark at Lock Lane but it finished 21-20 to the Castleford side after teenager Joe Abson knocked over a late penalty to snatch victory.

Egremont were 12-0 down to tries by Danny Sowerby and Chris Siddons, both converted by Oliver Bloomer.

The Cumbrians hit back with tries from Kieran Glenn and Adam Kear with three Billy Thompson goals to lead.

In a topsy-turvy finis, Lock Lane grabbed the initiative again with a try by Tom Sowerby, converted by Bloomer plus a field goal by Danny Sowerby.

Egremont appeared to have snatched it when Glenn went in for his second try, converted by Thompson, but young Abson won it for the hosts after Egremont had been penalised for a high tackle on Siddons.

Kells had started life in Division One with a good win over Leigh Miners Rangers but they missed out at Wigan St Patricks where they went down 22-12.

Some consolation for the Cumbrians was that they won the second-half 12-6 as Lewis Smith’s two tries came in the last five minutes, with Cameron Taylor adding both conversions.

St Patricks had scored first-half tries through Danny Ryding (two) and Ryan Braddock, with two converted by former Workington Town half-back Scott Leatherbarrow.

The fourth try came four minutes after the restart when Adam Rosser went over and Leatherbarrow added his third goal.