Division One’s Workington Golf Club produced a superb comeback in the Window Outlet Cockermouth and District Snooker League as they pegged back leaders Workington Veterans Club from 3-0 down for a 3-3 away draw.

In the first frame, Vets' Paul Mostyn continued his form with another win and as Mike Dawson delivered a solid performance in frame two to double their lead.

Frame three saw Kevin Basnett go behind early on but the Vets captain produced the highest break of the season with a superb clearance of 74 for 3-0.

The next looked like going in the favour of the Vets again but Phil Sorfleet potted the last four balls to pull one back for the Golf Club then Lewis Tilley knocked in a colours clearance to make it 3-2 before Mark Cowen won the final frame to complete the comeback.

Workington Conservative Club beat Workington Legion 6-0 in a clash between Division One and Division Two sides, with the former flying out of the blocks with wins from Richard McCarthy and Julian Plaza for a 2-0 home advantage.

A Dave Holland win extended the lead and Alan Moore delivered what turned out to be a frame-winning contribution of 31 in frame four for 4-0. Stuart Shepherd made it 5-0 and, as Mike Park took the final frame, the whitewash was complete.

Division Two’s United Club lost 4-2 at home to Division One’s Station Road A but with their closest rivals unable to make the most of it they maintained their second-tier top spot.

Tom Thompson won the first and, with team-mate Mark Robertson taking frame two on the black, Station A were 2-0 up.

Darren Lawson and Keith Telford made it 4-0 then up stepped Andrew Mitchelhill in frame five and the United captain added to his Division Two leading player average tally.

The final frame went to the final ball as the United Club's Mark Suitor won to keep his team top of the league.

Finally, Flimby Social let a 3-1 away lead slip as Division Two opponents Maryport Social came back in a 3-3 draw.

Shane Evitts took the first for Flimby but Andrew Sharpe equalised, then Richard Kirkham made it 2-1 and Mike 'Sid' Walker stretched it to 3-1.

At this point, as much as Flimby's form dipped, Maryport's moved up a level.

John Fleming used all of his experience to help win frame five and, as team-mate Ben Irving won easily in the last, Maryport ended the match feeling much better about the result than their opponents.