Carlisle were on the wrong end of a points feast at Lymm in North Premier where they went down 50-32.

They made a rapid start for on three minutes winger Ed Harper intercepted a speculative pass to run in from the half-way line for an unconverted try.

Jason Israel then extended the lead four minutes later as a high tackle gave him the chance to convert a penalty 25 metres out.

Lymm cut the deficit to five points minutes later as they fielded a Carlisle kick out of defence and quickly spread the ball wide for winger Nathan Beesley to steam in for a try, converted by Cormac Nolan.

Nolan and Israel exchanged penalties and there was little difference between the sides as both were intent on stretching the defences.

On 28 minutes, Lymm took a line-out and quickly spread the ball left, with their winger making quick yards down the touchline before hooker Cash Chilvers finished off and Nolan converted.

The defining moment of the game came three minutes later. A yellow for full-back Max Connon for “deliberately” patting the ball down, left Carlisle short at the back and Lymm exploited this ruthlessly.

Left-winger Joe Senior bagged two tries and right winger Beesley one, as they flew round the outsides of the defence to put 19 points past Carlisle in a 10-minute spell, leaving the hosts 36-11 ahead at the break.

Some hard carries by the forwards rocked Lymm back at the start of the second half, and when Henry Wainwright was prevented from scoring out left, the ball was recycled for Josh Holmes to dive over for a converted try on 48 minutes.

Lymm counter-attacked and Carlisle had to defend desperately, with a hint of a forward pass as an inside ball split the Carlisle defence, giving the home side their sixh try and restoration of their 25-point lead.

A subsequent knock-on allowed Lymm to play the advantage, kick through and win the foot race for their seventh try.

Carlisle finished with the intensity they had started, scoring two tries in the last ten minutes.

The first was from Grant Seward after hard running from Israel out left.

Then James Telford dived under the posts, as he found a gaping hole in the Lymm defence from the back of a ruck, for a try bonus-point.