Carlisle Cricket Club's Edenside was the scene of wild celebrations after the club had sealed their first major championship in 37 years.

But that could be surpassed tomorrow when the Carlisle players actually get their hands on the Premier Division winners’ trophy.

That will come after the final game at Keswick when the Cumbria Cricket League chairman Steve Chambers will be there to officially present the trophy to Carlisle skipper Marc Brown.

The match is starting at midday to allow the Carlisle players extra time to get back to Edenside for their own senior presentation evening, a perfect conclusion to the day.

Carlisle’s third-team - who beat Keswick’s second-team last Saturday off the final ball of the game to ensure they will not be relegated this term - will have been in action at Edenside as they complete their seasonal programme with a visit from Eden Valley Cricket League Division One champions Appleby Eden, and that starts at 2pm.

The season is not quite over for the Carlisle club, though, as there is also a home game on Sunday when the Academy side entertain Dumfries at 2pm in the Eden Valley Sunday League.

Carlisle are sending a full team to Keswick as they bid to end a momentous season on a high with another win. But all-rounder Henry Walker won’t play as he’s carrying an injury and Phil Frazer has been brought in to replace him.

They nearly came unstuck last weekend at Dalton when Carlisle switched around their batting line-up and had to be rescued by the usual top-order who were being held back.

They had slumped to 59-6, but were then pulled around by some familiar faces.

Cumberland opener Ben Davidson, batting at eight, was still there at the finish with an unbeaten 64 from 100 balls and professional Mike Slack, who had come in at six, made 41.

They put on 64 for the seventh wicket. Then, Ben Davidson was joined by younger brother Jonathan (29) and they added 69 for the eighth wicket, eventually closing on 194-9.

Dalton were bowled out for 103 in reply, with Jonathan Davidson taking 5-40 and Fraser Conn grabbing 4-27 in 15 overs.

James Bell took the other wicket for Carlisle as he ended with figures of 1/29.

Tomorrow’s opponents, Keswick, were beaten at Workington with Kristian Moffat (4-13) causing late mayhem as they slumped from 71-6 to 74 all out.

The home side had been invited to bat first and, with James McGown taking early wickets, Workington were faltering on 47-3. Steady runs from Callum Sutton (36), Simon Beare (27) and Adam Chambers (27) helped Workington rally to 165 all out from 46.5 overs. McGown finished with 4-32 and professional Geeth Kumara had 4-33.

Finn Turnbull (18) and Kumara (26) resisted well for Keswick but, when the pro was out, the tail folded.

Wigton were disappointed to be bowled out at home for 81 as they chased a Lindal Moor total of 175-7.

Ryan Gilmour (64) and Dean Williams (45) were the mainstays for the visitors, with Chris Hodgson (3-41) and Johnny Honeyman (3- 50) each bowling 15 overs.

Skipper Nico Watt, batting at eight, was Wigton’s top scorer with 20. Scott Mulholland (10) was the only batsman to reach double figures.

Tomorrow, Wigton finish off at home to Furness.

The other games are Cleator v Dalton; Cockermouth v Whitehaven; Egremont v Millom and Lindal Moor v Workington.